Project Manager Summary:
To provide management oversight for all phases of commercial construction projects, including coordinating employees, subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding with quality, on schedule and within budget.
Principle Project Management Duties:
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Minimizes exposure and risk by implementing and audits safety standards and quality assurance controls
- Coordinates work of subcontractors working on various phases of multiple projects.
- Oversees performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Is responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Supervises assistant managers and superintendents, reviews their reports, checks on any reported difficulties, and corrects any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of projects within time and monies allocated.
- Reports to owner, architects and portfolio managers about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated. Plans, implements, tracks and closeout / turnover of construction projects. Conducts project meetings.
- Manages day to day operational and tactical aspects of multiple construction projects in a supervisory role
- Manages day to day client interactions and expectations, directly or in a supervisory role
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability and project costs
- Manages to and achieves revenue goals set for projects
- Generates and issues regular internal and external project reporting through company software (Procore)
- Proactively identifies changes in project scope and ensures appropriate measures are taken
- Projects changes in scope and revenue
- Administers Submittal Review process between Subcontractors/Suppliers and design team.
- Issues prices and tracks RFPs & Change Orders
- Tracks and distributes RFIs and ASIs with the project team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Procore
- Dispute Resolution
- Financial and Job Cost Accounting Knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
- Project Team: Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, Project Engineer, Project Assistant, Estimator (if requested to provide costing services)
- Must be able to perform at all project management levels Training / Employee Development Responsibilities:
- Professional development of directly supervised employees to ensure their growth within the portfolio
- Continuing Education to expand knowledge base
- Work in an office and field environment
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to sustain posture in a seated position for prolong periods of time
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines
Reports to: Company Officers