Project Engineer Summary:
Project Engineers report to Project Managers and Company Officers. Essential Duties and Overall Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following, as other duties may be assigned:
- Works with Project Manager to ensure good decisions for the company and project during the buyout process
- Addresses schedule in Subcontractor Scope
- Assists PM in completing project buyout
- Assists in preparation of complete subcontract Scope of Work
- Practices good negotiating skills
- Fully reviews drawings & specifications in preparation of buyout
- Understands contract documents and identifies gaps in the systems
- Maintains & assists PM with preparation of Weekly Project Update
- Maintains and updates Purchasing Schedule
- Maintains and updates a complete Submittal Log
- Reviews submittals for conformance to contract documents
- Tracks submittal process timely
- Identifies lead times for materials purchases and tracks fabrication
- Helps to maintain and update Subcontractor Change Order Logs
- Helps to maintain and update Owner Change Order Logs
- Helps to maintain and update project Schedule and Track Delays
- Helps to maintain and update RFI Logs
- Helps to generates subcontractor meeting agendas and minutes
- Accurate and timely documentation of project issues
- Uses Procore to the fullest extent for every project
- Maintains project document list
- Reviews project documents & creates RFIs in a timely manner
- Maintains open communication with subcontractors
- Works with PMs and Superintendents to recognize underperforming subcontractors timely with project notifications.
- Reviews subcontractor change order proposals for accuracy of quantities, conformance with contract documents and subcontractor scope of work
- Proactively thinks about owner issues
- Handles clients’ needs with a sense of Urgency
- Adapts to different clients individual personalities, needs and wants
- Handles misc. owner requests without objection.
- Participates in Owner, Architect Contractor meetings
- Understands and exceeds client expectations
- Actively assists project superintendent with enforcement of site safety
- Distributes overall project schedule monthly (min.)
- Will take necessary actions to maintain or improve project schedule
- Keeps current on weekly job site work activities
- Shows respect for duties of other team members.
- Supports and interacts with project PC to perform as a cohesive team.
- Supports and interacts with Field Supervision to perform as a cohesive team.
- Participates in weekly subcontractor meetings
- Reviews project bulletins and identifies scope of work changes
- Coordinates local city permit and utilities company requirements with GCI, related subcontractors and owner requirements
- Can identify quality issues in the field and communicate them accordingly
- Performs pre-punch list walk thru with PM and Superintendent
- Makes closing out the project a priority
- Enforces contract close-out timeline and notifies subcontractors.
- Works with PM in collecting all close out documents
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point.
Education and/or Experience
- Four (4) year degree from an accredited university or college in related field of construction or related experience